Accounting Reports & Financial Analysis
Below are some of the accounting reports and actionable financial analysis we can provide to ensure you have all the financial information you need to effectively run your business.
Operational Accounting Support
- Perform basic accounting functions (e.g., billing, AP/AR, payroll, etc.), monthly/annual financial closings, general ledger reconciliations, cash management, and project reporting on a timely basis.
- Provide oversight and support to internal accounting staff and ensure that proper accounting controls are in place to minimize the risk of employee fraud.
Actionable Financial Analysis
- Determine profit margins by individual product line–-not just overall company revenues–-in order to appropriately adjust pricing and distribution strategies and to re-align marketing and promotional efforts to focus on more profitable products.
- Analyze employee utilization rates to enable professional services firms to understand the total costs per employee, identify workflow inefficiencies, and make adjustments to drive profitability.
- Analyze the profitability of each customer or project so professional services firms can identify and purge loss leaders, adjust pricing to improve profitability, and understand the lifetime value of every client.
Cash Management & Forecasting
- Provide accurate and detailed financial forecasts to properly project EBITDA growth.
- Develop an annual budget for your business, monitor budgeted versus actual results on a quarterly or monthly basis, and reforecast accordingly.
- Establish robust cost controls to allow for better cash management strategies and enable you to make informed decisions on where to invest money and where to cut spending.
- Monitor cash flow and analyze cash flow projections to ensure your business does not run out of cash.
- Identify capital requirements prior to approaching financial institutions and investors to ensure you raise the appropriate amount of capital required to support your growth plans.
Technical Accounting & Reporting
- Assist, identify, and prepare accounting records in accordance with U.S. GAAP for the purpose of filing SEC forms and documents.
- Consult regarding complex U.S. GAAP compliance issues such as convertible debt with warrants, derivative liabilities, new collaborative contracts for distribution, and other equity transactions. Perform research as needed, and prepare position papers for management and auditors on issues requiring resolution.
- Provide audit support during year-end and interim financial audits, including creating schedules in advance, preparing financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, and responding to inquiries and follow-up questions. All of this can be done to help reduce audit fees and minimize the disruption to your business during the process.
- Participate in financial discussions with tax advisors, attorneys, bankers, etc. to ensure proper planning strategies.
- Help structure employee compensation plans that incentivize efficiency and are aligned with the financial goals of the company.
Accounting Support for Significant Business Events
- Prepare financial data and Quality of Earnings reports that can be presented to banks and other potential investors when looking for financing or an increased line of credit.
- Help prepare your business for an acquisition or liquidity event (often starting two years prior to the potential exit in order to maximize the potential value of the company), perform sell-side due diligence, provide support during the financial due diligence process, and/or help integrate the finances of multiple companies following an acquisition.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our CFOs.
Read Our Client Case Studies
The case studies below detail some of the financial challenges our clients faced, the outsourced accounting solutions we provided to address those challenges, and the ROI they achieved as a result.